04 July 2018

Day one - Anchorage to Tolsona wilderness campground - 175miles

Day went pretty smoothly, I picked up Fiona, Grandma and Dennis from the airport after their on time arrival. We headed home put some laundry on and went out to breakfast, only to arrive before breakfast opened. A quick change of plans found us shopping instead then heading back for breakfast at Judy’s cafe. I’m really going to miss that place.  

Post breakfast, we swapped the laundry over and took a walk to stretch our legs. We finally got rolling out of Anchorage around 13:15. One stop later to drop trash and pick up some beers from an awesome friend and we were really rolling.

Our route took us along the Glen to Palmer then route 1 towards Glennallen. The road has some amazing views and we stopped a number of times for picture opportunities.

We rolled into Tolsona wilderness campground at around 18:30.
This is glamping right?


Baby Groot looks onto a Glacier


So long and thanks for all the fish!


Look Mom, Geology!

We rolled into Tolsona wilderness campground at around 18:30.


Things I realised we didn’t have in the RV
  • Can opener.
  • Washing up bowl.
  • Any idea how to get the hot water system to work - I think it was due to low water but who knows, it is working again now thanks to Amanda getting in touch with technical support. 

Things I realised I left in Oklahoma

  • The new shorts I bought as I realised the movers had packed both my swim and running shorts. 
  • My passport :-/ This is technically not a problem to get into Canada as I can travel on my green card however, the letter which allows me to take Fiona into Canada with me since I am travelling solo, referenced my passport. 


No comments:

Post a Comment