27 July 2018

Another six states down...

The road trip down from Alaska to Oklahoma was carefully planned to pick up a couple of states. The trip netted me six more states on my quest.

State 17 - Washington

We were staying at a camping ground that enabled us easy access to Seattle via the public transport network. I ran from the camping ground for a couple of miles on road.



State 18 - Oregon

Combination road and beach run. It was nice to get out for a little beach running again even if it only reminded me how hard it is to run on the beach.



State 19 - Idaho

We had pushed the mileage a little the previous day to make an easier day for us the next day when we wanted to go to Craters of the Moon National monument. I got my run in before we got going.


State 20 - Wyoming

While I would have loved to have actually run an interesting trail in one of the great National Parks we visited I had to settle with a run from the camp ground again.


State 21 - South Dakota

Finally some trail running! We arrived in a thunderstorm, the following morning I got to run in the sunshine albeit on wet trails.


State 22 - Kansas

When I booked the camp ground I hadn't realised there were not many trails near where we were camping so it ended up being a road run. I did see a deer, although I was to slow to take a photograph.



22 States down, 28 to go!

  1. Florida
  2. Texas
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Colorado
  5. Nebraska
  6. Missouri 
  7. Arkasas
  8. Alaska
  9. Hawaii
  10. Illinois
  11. Indiana
  12. Michigan
  13. California
  14. Arizona
  15. Utah
  16. Nevada 
  17. Washington 
  18. Oregon
  19. Idaho
  20. Wyoming 
  21. South Dakota
  22. Kanas
I see more orange on this map now :D
Slowly getting there

1 comment: