10 March 2020

The MidSouth Double is almost upon us

Today is my last rest day before I attempt the MidSouth Double. The 50km run is on Friday (13th March) and the 100mile ride is on Saturday (14th March). 
I believe I am as prepared as I can be. 
I have followed my training plan and as of the beginning of this week my stats stack up like this from week ending 25th September 2019. Full data set

Ride miles total2056.2
Run Miles total545.9
Total Time (Hrs)235.75

I will say that I feel fitter than last year when I took part in the LandRun 100. It has been interesting to see how my VO2max estimate on in my Garmin account has improved over my training time. (Estimates coming from my watch)
Heading in the right direction

Now all that is left is to go through my final check on my bike. 
Cleaned and shifting great

Wait on the arrival of my friends from Alaska and help them put their bikes together and finally not worry about the weather. 

Oh cock!


Why not worry? 

It is totally out of our control! 
All we can do about a lot of rain on clay before the event, is to make sure we have our mud sticks and hope we get lucky.
Fingers crossed that most of the course is not like this....
Ahhh a wet MidSouth.....
Finally thanks to my family for all the support whilst training for this event. It has been a huge help. 
Until later take care all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment