11 March 2019

TDD - Sooner Stampede - 10th March 2018

Hello race fans, I will do my race first then I will move onto the important one.

Nick's race

I got to race my first Cat 1 race.... holy crap those guys are fast!!!!
The race was held at Lake Thunderbird state park on the Clearbay trails. This was the first race of the season for the Tour De Dirt race series due to one race being postponed. The course was a fun one with dry with super grippy dirt.

Unlike in Alaska where I would be racing with the whole expert category, here we are split into age groups. For me that means Cat 1 - 17-39, AKA the really fast guys.
All lined up ready to go, I'm at the far end of the photo
- PC - Gregg Grosshans

We set off at the whistle and immediately I was at the back of the group of 9 riders.
Not getting the holeshot, I'm at the back :)
- PC - Gregg Grosshans

I did manage to pass one guy on the first section of single track but I pretty much rode the whole race solo aside from being passed by some (actually all) of the racers in the Cat 1 - 40-49 category, I will add they all passed me like I was going backwards :-/
On course, PC - Jennifer Black

After crossing the line - PC Amanda

Am I disappointed, heck no! I had a great race. I raced hard and didn't blow up which is super unusual for me. My rear hub was making some strange noises so it is off the Bike Lab OKC today for a little TLC. 

Race results

There I am in 7th Place 

The Strava 



Fiona's 1st MTB race!!!

Fiona took part in her first MTB race. She raced in the TDD Kids Kup 8-9 age group and finished in 2nd place. She had a blast riding and was all smiles for the whole event. 
Warming up - note they then waited 20min on the start line

Finally off

ripping the singletrack

She was pretty stoked about this!
To top it all off she also achieved an MVP award for the kids cup. To say she is stoked was an understatement!
MVP Award :)

I am super happy that she now seems to have the MTB bug, looking forward to lots more riding with her now! 

And finally

I couldn't do all of this without the incredible support of my amazing wife. She does so much for me it really would be impossible to list everything. I truly couldn't do this without her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment