23 August 2018

My first mountain biking in Oklahoma

Today I got to get out on my first Mountain bike ride in Oklahoma. The weather and timing have been stopping play for me until now. When it is wet, the trails are closed, I am guessing due to clay content in the soil.

Anyhow, yesterday I read that one of the local trails was open, today I decided to check it out.

The trail at Bluff Creek park, is a four ish mile trail which twists and turns through a local park It is around 5 miles from where we live so I think it's the nearest trails to the house.  The trail is flat and has a few roots interspaced to keep things interesting. There are also a couple of sections that have ride arounds/bonus sections. If I had to compare it to an Alaskan trail It would be like riding towards the sand dune from the Jodphur parking lot, albeit without the elevation changes, or the sand... so not really like it at all. :D

The trail is going to be a fun one to ride with the family and I am looking forward to getting out there with them. It would be fun to follow them whilst recording on a camera through the twisty parts.


The Strava


No comments:

Post a Comment