12 March 2019

Landrun 100 race preparation

On the 3rd November 2018 at 08:02am Amanda logged in and scored me a Landrun 100 entry. The race sold out in about 7 min I believe. Since then I have focused my training towards this event. 
Not that I believe I can podium but more to make my ride as enjoyable as possible and so I suffer for as little time as possible on the bike whilst riding it. I have been riding lots of gravel and getting back into regularly doing the P90X yoga routine and adjusting my nutrition. All of which I hope has helped with my endurance. 

Over the last few days the weather guesses have been warning everyone that we are going to get a lot of rain. 
Damon telling us the rain totals by Thursday
- Guess Monday Eve at 21:40

Why is rain such an issue?

Its all to do with the wonderful red dirt which looks great for photographs especially in the golden hour but can make riding a bike impossible. 
oh that pretty red dirt

smooth sailing until it isn't

And then you can't ride anymore

red dirt sticks really well to tyres
Yey hike your bike
To be perfectly honest I don't think we will get that much rain, especially since I have just gone ahead and swapped my tyres over to narrower ones which give more mud clearance. 

What tyres and why swap?

I have swapped over from my 40C Maxxis Ramblers to my 33C Clement PDX's 
Old Orange Sealant from the PDX tyres

Lots more mud clearance

from a 40C to 33C = lots more room

The trusty PDX's

I switched tyres since a couple of team mates have put up some advice that said switch your tyres, you won't regret it! 
And yes I know I swapped before the rain hit, but that is so if I encounter any problems with the set up, I have time to do something about it. 
The PDX's roll pretty well so even if it's not muddy I will not be at a huge disadvantage. Also if there are any grassy sections these tyres are the best, they have so much traction whilst maintaining minimum drag.  
Thinking back to my training, perhaps I should have been doing running training.

So that is me, I have done all I wanted to do before this race. All that is left for me to do is pick up my buddy Oscar who is flying down from Alaska to do this race, from the airport on Friday and enjoy the ride. 
Take care everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment